Gardner Tackle has drawn on years of experience; manufacturing and distributing the very best carp and specialist coarse fishing lines, in the development of ‘Pro Light Blend’ and Pro Dark Blend. These premium grade copolymer main lines have been engineered to give anglers uncompromising performance – yet they are sold at a very competitive price! These are outstanding fishing lines that simply outperform most lines that are sold for more than twice their price!
Since we launched the range, we have received a number of requests from anglers fishing for big fish in weedy and challenging venues for a 0.40mm version of these lines. Enter the new Gardner ‘Pro XM’!
The higher diameter option offers the best possible protection against sheer and abrasion damage, as well as giving the higher strength you would expect from a 0.40mm line. Another, often overlooked benefit of moving up to 0.40mm line, one that is common with most copolymer main lines, is that the inherent weight of the thicker line means it sinks even better than the same polymer mixture in a lower diameter. Anglers that fish with their mainlines slack or semi-slack will find that they can lay this line unobtrusively along the lake bed or down on top of any weed that is present.
- Pro copolymer blend offers both extremely high abrasion resistance and excellent knot strength.
- Excellent sinking properties ensure that the line can be fished slack and will settle unobtrusively across the lake bed.
- A vital aspect of any decent carp line is the way it stretches and its ability to give you the feedback to feel the lead down (vital to feeling the type of lake bed the lead has landed on) and all the lines in the Pro range offer this feedback crisply, even at range.
- Uniform diameters ensure an extremely high consistency in their linear strength.
- Smooth finish and supple feel gives excellent casting performance.
- Available in breaking strains from 10lb to XM (0.40mm) which breaks well in excess of 20lb!
|XM 20lb+ (9.1kg+)||0.40mm||790m|
The two colour blends mean perfect camouflage for anglers targeting almost any freshwater environment:
- The ‘Dark Blend’ is a great all rounder, blending in with weed and dark silty & ‘choddy’ lake beds.
- The ‘Light Blend’ is a fantastic clear water line; arguably better than any other copolymer we have seen!
So if you’re looking for a premium copolymer main line that simply out performs its competitors, at a fraction of the price, take a look at the ‘Pro’ and ‘Pro XM’ main line ranges in your local Gardner stockist.
Copolymer Mainlines article – https://gardnertackle.co.uk/2014/02/guide-gardner-tackle-copolymer-main-lines-lewis-read/