BCR Rigga hooks are the perfect beaked point Chod/Stiff/Multi/D-rig hook pattern. The gently sweeping beaked point ensures that the hook can penetrate effectively, so that more ‘pick ups’ are converted into fish in the net.
BCR hooks feature a deliciously long tapered, gently sweeping beaked hook point that has an awesome razor sharp chemically etched point. The beak points profile maintained the basic mechanical benefits of improved penetration through a positive angle of drawer and then a positive gripping effect once buried giving really secure hook holds.
The pattern is also incredibly strong, having been made from extra strong top grade high carbon steel that is both forged and double tempered meaning these are ‘man enough’ for the most testing carp fishing situations. Additionally, we have taken the opportunity introduced a larger diameter eye simply to make this hook user friendly to anglers that prefer to use knotless knots rather than complex whipping knots like the Snell or Domhoff. The larger eyes makes it easier to pass high diameter stiff hooklink materials, like Tripwire, through twice and still fit the tag through to form a ‘D’.
Finally, the angle of drawer is dictated by the direction the hook point faces – and in the case of the BCR this has been optimised by tailoring the length of the shank and the angle of the eye so the hook buries deeply, quickly and securely when a fish is hooked. In fact, results during testing proved they give superb hook holds and have been spot on when used on all sorts of Chod, D-Rig and Hinged Stiff style presentations.
These BCR Rigga hooks feature:
- Super sharp chemically etched long sweeping beaked point.
- BCR’s have wide gape and non reverse bend that gives rock solid hook holds.
- A 20° out turned eye ensures optimum performance with monofilament hooklinks – including Fluorocarbon and stiff hooklinks.
- Dull PTFE Coating reduces corrosion, aids penetration and minimises glare.
- Manufactured in Japan from the finest extra strong double tempered, forged, high carbon steel wire.
- Rigga ‘BCR’ hooks are available in either barbless or micro barbed format.
Find out more about the Rigga Hook Range here – https://gardnertackle.co.uk/2018/01/why-rigga-hooks/