The Target Specimen Hook is a a great all round hook pattern that’s perfect for use with an extremely wide variety baits and rigs for a range of species; from hard fighting river species like big chub and barbel, to still water fish like tench and bream right through to carp.
- Target Specimen hooks benefit from the application of the unique Covert finish which reduces glare and mimics predominant colours in the environment, offering excellent camouflage.
- They have been manufactured in Japan with an extremely strong high carbon wire too offer the power to subdue large fish with relatively small sized hooks.
- The wire is forged and double tempered for even greater strength and reliability.
- The combination of a beaked point and 5 degree in-turned eye ensure excellent penetration and strong hook holds.
- Another big advantage of the beaked point is its resistance to becoming dulled or turned over whilst you’re fishing on gravel.
- The hook features a non reversed bend. This means that the super sharp hook point and the hook shank line up with one another, and it is this relationship, along with the penetrative angle created by eye and beaked point genuinely aids positive penetration.
- This is a hook pattern that has proven itself able to land big fish in the most testing circumstances.
- During testing the size 12’s have been used extensively by members of the Gardner Tackle carp team for zigging and the feedback has been these hooks perform superbly.
- Strong and reliable, sharp beaked point and 5 degree in-turned eye.
- Available in sizes 10, 12, 14 and 16 Barbed and Barbless.
- 10 hooks per packet.
‘Mohawk Rig’ step by step guide: