The unique Covert Pop-Up Hook Aligners have been developed as an easy and convenient way of creating ultra effective ‘D’ style rigs, by adding a preformed ‘D’ onto one of our highly effective Hook Aligners.
The result of combining the two key elements; mounting hookbaits on a ‘D’ and creating the aggressive hooking action with the Hook Aligner kicker, means rigs using these components will react faster and hook more carp. The unique Covert Pop-Up Hook Aligners can be used with almost any hook and hooklink combination as well. This means that you can now use D-Rigs with either coated or uncoated braids or even light monofilaments.
So what’s so good about mounting hookbaits on a ‘D’ in this way?
Mounting the hookbait a couple of mm off the back of the hook shank on a free moving hinge ensures that when the hookbait is inhaled or mouthed by a browsing fish, then the weight of the hook forces the hook point to drop. In combination with the angle created by the Hook Aligner the two factors work together so the hook turns aggressively taking a firm hold on the fishes bottom lip or in the scissors.
Covert Pop-Up Hook Aligners can be used to mount most hookbaits, including balanced hookbaits and bottom baits – they’re not just for pop-ups!
They are quick and easy to use – no need to steam, shrink or shape before use! Just follow these simple steps:
- Mount a Large Covert Rig Ring, Flexi Hook Swivel or Hook Swivel onto the preformed ‘D’ and thread the Hook Aligner onto the hooklink using a baiting needle. We find it is easiest with a Braided Hair Needle as it doesn’t catch pulling through the rubber compound used in their manufacture.
- Position the Pop-Up Hook Aligner (as shown on the diagram) by pushing the Hook Aligner up over the hook eye.
- Pop-Up Hook Aligners are currently available in C-Thru Green, C-Thru Brown and C-Thru Black (Silt) colours and in 3 sizes.
Size guide here:
- Extra Large (XL) Pop-Up Hook Aligners are best suited for use with size 1 to 2 hooks.
- Large Pop-Up hooks Hook Aligners are best suited for use with size 2 to 6 hooks.
- Small Hook Aligners are designed to work with hook sizes 8 to 12 hooks.
Each packet contains 10 Pop-Up Hook Aligners
|Product||Product Code (SKU)|
|COVERT POP-UP HOOK ALIGNER (SMALL) C-THRU GREEN||CHAPG|
|COVERT POP-UP HOOK ALIGNER (SMALL) C-THRU BROWN||CHAPB|
|COVERT POP-UP HOOK ALIGNER (SMALL) C-THRU BLACK/SILT||CHAPS|
|COVERT POP-UP HOOK ALIGNER (LARGE) C-THRU GREEN||CHAPGL|
|COVERT POP-UP HOOK ALIGNER (LARGE) C-THRU BROWN||CHAPBL|
|COVERT POP-UP HOOK ALIGNER (LARGE) C-THRU BLACK/SILT||CHAPSL|
|COVERT POP-UP HOOK ALIGNER (EXTRA LARGE) C-THRU GREEN||CHAPGXL|
|COVERT POP-UP HOOK ALIGNER (EXTRA LARGE) C-THRU BROWN||CHAPBXL|
|COVERT POP-UP HOOK ALIGNER (EXTRA LARGE) C-THRU BLACK/SILT||CHAPSXL|
*To ensure that rigs incorporating the Hook Aligners work to their full potential always make sure that the curve of the Hook Aligner faces inwards lining up with the hook point. *Remember – fine tuning of your rigs really makes a difference.
Gardner Standard COVERT Hook Aligners are also available.